Come See Our New Exhibits
There are two new, ongoing exhibits in the manor house. One is a display of significant findings from the manor house west wing architectural review. The west wing is the oldest (circa 1810) part of Mount Aventine. Included in the display is a diagram of the proposed "kitchen museum".
The other exhibit is a display of native American artifacts in the visitor's center. The artifacts are from the collection of the late "Tex" Richards of Indian Head, MD, and have been loaned to the Friends for display by his son Don Richards and Jack McGuire. The artifacts; including pottery sherds, projectile points, arrow heads and unusualy stone tools; were collected along the Mattawoman Creek in Pomonkey, Mason Springs, and Indian Head.